viernes, 13 de octubre de 2023

Bookaholic

 

A lover of books

 Difference between a bookaholic and a bibliophile

 While a bookworm is more focused on reading in a detailed fashion, paying a lot of attention, a bookaholic is a generally addicted to books and always looks for something to read. Bibliophile:A bibliophile is a book lover too

TRUE CONFESSIONS OF A BOOKAHOLIC

I don’t know about you, but I have an obsession with books. The movers we hired can attest to that as they moved over 60 boxes of books to our new house several years ago. If we had to move again, I’d say that number has increased by at least 20. Being a simple book-enthusiast was never an option for me. It is a God-given passion, and I am addicted to the thrill of danger, love, and struggles of the story. In other words, I’m a bookaholic.

For your entertainment, here are ten confessions I have about being a Bookaholic.

IT’S CONFESSION TIME:

I used to be a single book at a time gal. Now I’m up to three or four at a time. One audiobook, one e-book, and two print (usually one nonfiction and one fiction). I do still tend to finish one before the other, but not always.

I own an unseemly number of bookish t-shirts.

With rare exception, I read only Christian Fiction, and usually, it is a historical romance.

I have over 1000 print books in my house. Their physical presence is calming and grounds me.

All of my books are organized and cataloged in a literal library system. I even have a barcode scanner. The old-school kind, not my phone–although I’m considering an upgrade.

I own more Christian Historical Fiction than my public library and lend books out to friends to justify my growing collection.

Library Used Book Sales are my kryptonite. Our county has several a year, and I always come home with treasures and a request for another bookshelf.

I have duplicates of my favorite books, which I gladly shove at my friends and make them read…even if I know reading “isn’t their thing.” I mean, what’s wrong with them? They just haven’t found the right book, and I am glad to help remedy that problem.

My family has created a game called “Hide Mom’s Book.” It used to be only when they discovered I was nearing the end of a book, but now it’s whenever they see a book come in the mail.

My husband once hid North and South from me and forgot where he hid it. For over a year, I searched, but it took until we moved to find it.

I hide from my family to read books. Sometimes in the car, but most often in the laundry room or my bathroom. Gross? Yes, but a girl has to finish her books.

I carry books with me everywhere. In fact, every single purse I own has died because the weight has separated the handles from the actual bag. Yes, I know, e-books. But there is nothing like a print book in your hand.

More than once, I have pre-ordered the same book multiple times by accident. Yeah, Amazon supposedly has a little thing at the top telling you when you purchased the book previously, but who has time to read that when you are giddily hitting the purchase button?

More than once, I have become injured while reading a book. Grease splatters from cooking get me. Pans have dropped on my feet. Books smash me in the face as I read in bed. Worst is missing steps I didn’t see while reading and walking. You’d think I’d learn my lesson about multitasking, but I haven’t.

I haven’t read every book I own, but I keep buying more. That’s the real sign of a bookaholic, right?

 

 https://crystalcaudill.com/true-confessions-of-a-bookaholic/



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario